Monday, June 8, 2009

Field Trip

I went on my daughter's field trip. 
Her class spent three days at science camp last week.
I drove three hours up the coast to join them for one day,
and we spent five hours that afternoon doing "field study". 
First cooperation games - then sculpting a map of Oregon on the beach - then what felt like a two mile walk down the beach to the tide pools to look for critters (Mom, my feet hurt. Mom, my legs are tired. Mom, I am soooo tired. Mom, I don't want to walk anymore. Mom, I'm tired of this field trip. Grrr.) followed by a hike straight up a forest-covered dune and down the other side. Really, I mean straight up. 
Just past the place where Anna stepped on a bee's nest and the bees swarmed out looking for the culprit, the trail went straight up. We climbed up, using tree roots for ladder rungs. Halfway up, Bella (in front of me) says to Anna (behind me) "Hey Anna! I'm going to fart!"
And then I drove the three hours home.

No comments:

Post a Comment